Areas Of Expertise
Qualifications & Experience
Dr. Maha Assim is a Specialist Obstetrician & Gynecologist with more than 16 years of experience in leading hospitals at Iraq and UAE. She has worked for more than 10 years as Assistant Professor in a medical college in Iraq and she published many articles. Dr. Maha is specialized in the diagnosis and management of recurrent regnancy loss, infertility, family planning antenatal care and follows up of high-risk pregnancy, early detection of cervical and uterine pathology and management of menstrual disturbances and menopause.
Dr. Maha has graduated of Baghdad Medical College in 1994, Diploma in Obs. & Gyne in 2002, Iraqi Board in 2003 and Arabic Board 2004. She has got her master training in colposcopy and lower genital tract disease from British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, Diploma in Cosmetic Gynecology from American aesthetic association and Diploma in Ob/Gynae ultrasound from India and University of Sharjah. Dr. Maha is a member of the international society of Ob/Gynae US (ISUOG); London associated member of royal college UK, member of the world association of laparoscopic surgeon (WALS) society of Iraqi gynecologist and Iraqi society of infertility.
● Delayed pregnancy and infertility management including diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy
● Antenatal care for low and high-risk pregnancy
● Early diagnosis and management of obstetric complications and recurrent pregnancy loss
● Early detection of cervical pathology.
● Management of menstrual disturbances, peri and post-menopausal bleeding.
● Performing surgeries including first and recurrent CS, ovarian cystectomy, myomectomy & hysterectomies
● Family planning consultation and management
● Proven knowledge of obstetric gynecology
● 10 years as Assistant Professor at a medical college in Iraq
● Graduated at Baghdad Medical College
● Diploma in Obs. & Gyne in 2002, Iraqi Board in 2003 and Arabic Board 2004.
● Master training in colposcopy and lower genital tract disease from British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
● Diploma in Cosmetic Gynecology from American Aesthetic Association and Diploma in Ob/Gynae ultrasound from India and University of Sharjah
● Member of the International Society of Ob/Gynae US (ISUOG); London
● Associated Member of Royal College UK
● Member of the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
● Member of the Society of Iraqi gynecologists and Iraqi Society of Infertility