Dr. Ahmed Matthana | Orthopedics
Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Ahmed has been graduated in 2002 from Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt. He has been recruited in his university hospital where he gained his clinical training for orthopedic surgery. His master degree was on 2007, and his doctorate degree (Ph.D.) Was on 2013, when he was assigned as lecturer and consultant of orthopedic surgery in his department. He also had an Orthopedic Fellowship from University of Regensburg, Germany in 2011. He is also a member of the European Hip Society. He has been working as a senior specialist in Ministry of Health for Sultanate of Oman (in Khoula Hospital, Muscat), a well-known tertiary referral center for orthopedics in Oman (2017-2018).
Dr. Ahmed is specialized in hip and knee arthroplasty, arthroscopy, sports medicine, and all kind of trauma surgery. He is updated with recent developments of orthopedic surgery field and will provide his patients with professional services of western standard. He will be able to provide you with measured informed opinion regards to your clinical problem and guide you through with appropriate treatment.
- Knee and hip replacement including revision arthroplasty
- Arthroscopy of knee and shoulder
- Dealing with different hand and wrist problems
- Dealing with different foot and ankle problems
- Extensive experience with various trauma management
- Dealing with pediatric orthopedic problem and trauma
- Deformity correction and reconstructive surgeries
- Ilizarov fixation and external fixations
- Management of primary bony and soft tissue lesions