Dr. Aseem Shaikh | Orthopedics
Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Aseem Shaikh is an orthopedic surgeon with a keen interest and expertise in knee and shoulder problems. Before joining Prime Medical Center, he was connected with a multi-specialty hospital in India. He completed his Master’s in Orthopedics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital (LTMGH), Mumbai, one of India’s top 10 hospitals in India and one of the finest trauma centers in Asia. During his stint at LTMGH, he trained in the management of emergency and non-emergency fractures, infections of the bones and joints, pediatric orthopedics, and spine surgeries.
He also undertook fellowship training in knee arthroscopy, joint replacement, and cartilage surgery of the knee from SMC, South Korea. Additionally, the doctor was granted the SICOT fellowship in advanced hip and knee joint replacement in Mumbai. Dr. Aseem won two Australian Orthopedic Association-accredited fellowships as well in trauma as well as in upper limb and limb reconstruction surgery for all types of shoulder, elbow, and wrist problems, knee arthroscopy, and joint replacement. He follows evidence-based medicine and is up-to-date with recent advances in his field.
- Knee arthroscopy (key-hole surgery) -- problems of the meniscus, ligament (ACL, PCL, collaterals), cartilage & patellofemoral joint
- Shoulder arthroscopy--problems of rotator cuff (pain & weakness), labrum (pain & recurrent slipping out of joint)
- Total knee and hip replacement (primary and revision)
- Sports injuries of the knee, shoulder, ankle, and elbow
- New and old fractures and related problems such as infection, non-union, among others
- Second opinion non-surgical management of spine problems