Dr. Sandeep Varma | Nephrology
Dr. Sandeep Varma is a highly-qualified Nephrologist with key expertise in general nephrology, interventional nephrology, critical care nephrology, transplant nephrology and dialytic therapies, in addition to the management of hypertension and diabetes mellitus in critical nephrology cases. He has a special interest in various modalities of hemodialysis, including frequent hemodialysis, short daily hemodialysis, nocturnal dialysis and hemodialfiltration, and also possesses good expertise in running dialysis centers. Besides, he has built and maintained kidney transplant units; and has conducted multiple live donor transplantations successfully. He joined Prime Hospital in 2015.
During his decade-long career, Dr. Sandeep has worked in various government and private medical colleges in India and has co-authored key articles covering nephrology and kidney transplantation. He has been an associate professor of nephrology and is also a reviewer for many international scientific journals focused on kidney diseases and clinical research.
After obtaining graduate, post-graduate and post-doctoral degrees from government medical colleges in India, Dr Varma cleared specialty certificate examination in renal science. He later worked in a renowned teaching institute in the state of Kerala, India, where he headed the department for seven years. He is a member of Emirates Medical Association-Nephrology and Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Management of primary and secondary glomerulonephritis including lupus nephritis
- Kidney disease secondary to lifestyle diseases including diabetic nephropathy
- Acute & chronic kidney disease including various modalities of dialysis like hemodialysis & peritoneal dialysis
- Acid-base balance disturbances
- Secondary and resistant hypertension
- Critically ill patients with various renal replacement therapies including CRRT, SLED, SCUF & Plasmapheresis.
- Interventional nephrology including insertion of tunneled as well as non-tunneled central lines, insertion of CAPD catheters and ultrasound-guided renal biopsies of both native as well as graft kidneys
- Pre-kidney transplant work up and post-transplant follow up