Dr. Mohamed Rafique. P | Pulmonology
Head of Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
Dr. Rafique completed both his DNB Pulmonary Board degree in 2000 & postgraduate Diploma in chest diseases DTCD, from Madras Medical college. He got the European Diploma in Respiratory medicine from the ERS European Respiratory Society in association with EBAP (European Board for accreditation in Pneumology),at Austria,Vienna. One among the few pulmonologists worldwide awarded with the HERMES Diplomate Title (European standard of excellence in field of Respiratory Medicine for European Specialists) in 2009 Received his FCCP, Fellowship from the American college of Chest physicians.
Experience of nearly 15 yrs as Senior Pulmonologist /Chest physician in many JCI, joint commission International ,USA accredited Institutions in the UAE, both in the Government Hospitals of Abudhabi health authority namely Al Ain hospital (JCI,SEHA Gold winner hospital under HAAD), also at Rashid and Dubai Hospitals under DHA,Dubai health authority & as Head of Pulmonology and Allergy at NMC Specialty Hospitals,Dubai. Had also started the Chest Medicine Department at a 300 bedded tertiary Multispecialty Hospital in south India and worked as Consultant Pulmonologist & Head of the Pulmonary Medicine Unit. He is a well renowned speaker delivering numerous CME programmes ,conducting workshops and addressed many international conferences., faculty for various bodies ,UAE medical colleges ,active in Research with many recent publications in peer reviewed journals in field of asthma & COPD.
- Diagnosis & treatment of all Chest ailments (Packages for asthma & allergy, Smokers & Occupational Lung Diseases)
- Diagnosis & management of Asthma & Allergy (allergy testing & immunotherapy,Exhaled Nitric oxide)
- Smokers lung diseases screening for COPD & smoking cessation.
- Lung function assessments (PFT,Lung Volumes,Diffussion)
- Sleep apnoea diagnosis,& Sleep studies with treatment
- Flexible fibre optic Bronchoscopy (diagnostic & therapeutic)