Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Prime Hospital has adopted the following statement of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Obtain healthcare services in the highest quality standards.
- Have a relationship that is based on ethical standards of conduct, honesty, dignity and respect.
- Access to medical records in a reasonable time frame, and to the extent permitted by law.
- To be advised on any change in the care plan before the change is made.
- Participate in care planning, and changes are the right of the patient to do so.
- Inform the patient on the consequences of refusing medical care and services provided.
- Confidentiality of all information about the patient’s health, social, financial and personal circumstances.
- Inform the patient about the complaints procedure and how to deal with it.
- Voicing grievances without fear of discrimination or reprisal of having done so and being informed on what to do in case of emergency.
- Provide as much information as possible about health, medical history and insurance benefits.
- Ask to clarify medical words or the instruction of the care plan
- Follow the healthcare plan. The patient is responsible for the outcomes of not following healthcare plan.
- Follow the rules and regulations.
- Act in a respectful manner with other patients and staff.
- Meet the financial commitments toward Prime Medical Center