Who is a Gynecologist and When to Visit One?
Apart from tourism and trade, the Dubai government is also putting immense attention on providing quality health services for women. As a result, you can easily find a gynecologist in Dubai for receiving world class treatment or consultation.
If we talk about gynecology in general, it is simply referred as the science of women. It is the branch of medicine that deals with women’s health with a special focus on their reproductive systems and the mammary glands.
So, you can easily gather that Gynecologists are the doctors who deal with a wide range of women related issues such as obstetrics or pregnancy, childbirth, menstrual cycle, fertility, sexually transmitted infections, hormone disorders and much more.
In Dubai, most of the women seek help from a female doctor and as such, they are more inclined to book the appointment with female gynecologist even for general health issues. So, depending upon the health issue, a gynecologist may refer them to a specialist, if necessary.
Before booking an appointment with a gynecologist in Dubai, a woman should note that the doctor must have at least 8 years of training and must be certified and registered from a recognized examination body.
While a gynecologist is known for treating patients with female reproductive organs, an obstetrician is the one who is specialized in pregnancy and childbirth. To become a gynecologist, a person must have undergone training as a doctor for 4 years and then specialize another 4 years in gynecology as well as obstetrics. Qualifying a further examination enables the doctor to be certified and registered.
When to Visit a Gynecologist
If you are thinking when you should visit a gynecologist, explore the list of reasons given below.
- For issues related to pregnancy, menstruation, menopause and fertility
- For family planning purpose including contraception, pregnancy termination and sterilization as well
- For treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- For problems with tissues that support pelvic organs
- For PCOS- polycystic ovary syndrome
- For issues related to fecal or urinary incontinence
- To treat benign reproductive tract conditions such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, etc.
- For treating premalignant conditions
- Cancers related to reproductive tract and breasts
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexuality health issues
- For endometriosis and congenital abnormalities
Women are also recommended to see a gynecologist for annual screening and whenever they have concerns related to pelvic, vulvar, vaginal pain or abnormal bleeding from the uterus.
Usually, gynecologists offer gynecological and general health care for women and provide suitable diagnosis and treatment for their diseases, conditions and issues.
So, if you are also in need of medical help for woman-specific issues, just search online nearby gynecologists in Dubai and schedule an appointment as soon as possible.