Areas Of Expertise
Qualifications & Experience
- Too many engineers drove him to break away and take interest in the medical field
- Believes in running to keep fit which he started after his 40th birthday. Nothing is ever too late in life and he encourages his patients to take up exercise regardless of age.
- Hobbies include: playing Ludo with his Family, watching Cricket and spending good time with friends
- Personal and professional lives are both as important as your pair of eyes
Motto: “To work with dedication, honesty and continue giving personalised care for my patients. Do something for the environment, like my current passion in planting trees.”
Most Memorable Moments:
- He was asked to step into a Clinical Director position as a cover for a senior colleague who was suffering from an illness at University Hospital of Wales, UK in early years of his Consultant life.
- The post was then bestowed on him for the long term, surpassing a lot of senior colleagues given the positive impact he made in team skills.
- He held on to that post until he resigned to work at another exiting job at PRIME Hospital, Dubai
- His daughter’s birth holds special pride of place in his heart.
Most Challenging Moment:
The volume of patients in Bangalore Medical College hospitals with limited resources during his training years, shaped him to be a better doctor to care for my patients with empathy
● Endocrinologist Diabetologist in Antenatal care, Diabetic care & Thyroid and Lipid disorders
● Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
● Evaluation of morbidly obese patients for bariatric surgeries
● Diabetic foot problems
● Pituitary diseases
● Adrenal disorders
● Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
● Metabolic bone disorders including Hypercalcaemia & Hypocalcaemia
● Vitamin D deficiency
● Best endocrinologist doctor involved with Endocrine Hypertension
● UK General Medical Council-certified CCT in Endocrinology, Diabetes and General Medicine.
● MBBS and MD (General Medicine), at the prestigious Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
● Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in India
● Consultant Endocrinologist / Medicine at University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, and at the Princess of Wales Hospital, United Kingdom.
● Honorary Lecturer at Cardiff University Medical school and Aberdeen University in Scotland